Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day One...

Well, the test of my commitment started strong on the very first day.  Here is the weather forecast for our area today:

Today
Showers LikelyShowers Likely
Hi: 70°
POP: 70%
Mostly cloudy. Showers likely and scattered thunderstorms until midday...Then chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs around 70. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.


So, once the thunder stopped at around 9 am - I headed out for my run:

It was sprinkling when I started and by the last quarter mile it was a pretty steady rain. 

I'll be honest... I am out of shape.  One might even say a little chubby....  But I did it.  Two fairly steep hills, 34 minutes and 2 miles later  I have successfully completed Day One.  Whew...

But here is why I do it - Evie started Taekwondo almost a year ago.  In the beginning she couldn't keep her balance long enough to even do a kick and she struggled to punch or block with her weak side.  This weekend she competed in her first regional tournament.  After some tears (she was scared to break the board) she not only broke a board and completed her form, but she took first place in both!  It was difficult to get on film because it all happened so fast, but here is just a glimpse into her pure joy and pride from her accomplishment:

So on to Day Two.  Tell me about your streak. How is it going?

~Jana

2 comments:

  1. Took me til 115 to get out, but I managed a 25 minute jog 60 sit ups and 30 pushups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my name is Carrie. Might I say what an inspiration you and your family are. I have an 8 year old named Caleb who had a stroke either in utero or within the first 30 days of birth. I just wanted to say way to go to you and way to go Evie

    ReplyDelete