Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day Ten

I am officially into the double digits with my streak!  I had to do a power walk today - 34 minutes and 2 miles (with hills!).  Seems like I have a great run and then the next day it is too painful.  I will get there - I just need to give myself time and be patient. 

Those of you that know me well know that patience is not one of my strengths - but I have had to learn a lot of it the past three years.  This patience includes giving things and people the time needed to get there...  Evie didn't walk until she was 18 months old.  The last 6 months of the non-walking period felt so long and was such a heavy burden on my heart - but you know what?  She did it - and there was no need for all the fret.  That was a big life lesson for me.  Work hard, but also give it time and if you are open, it will come.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."  - Conan O'Brien.

So, patient I will be.  I don't need to be a runner on day ten.  I need to be a runner on day 31.

The next few days will be a challenge as our schedule gets a little crazy.  Our third annual Strikes for Pediatric Stroke event is Friday and there is so much purple glitter, purple ribbon and folding of t-shirts in my future :) http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jana-w/3rd-annual-strikes-for-pediatric-stroke

~Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment