Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day Three...

Day Three started with a serious rain delay.  I woke up at 5 am to a monsoon outside.  Although I said "rain or shine" I don't want to ruin my running shoes on Day Three.... so I waited the rain out.

I got out there at about 7 pm. On my way out the door Evie says: "Have a nice run!  And don't bite any sharks."  Okay.  I'll resist.

 It was a cool run and a little rough with a couple of cramps.  But I did it!  2.23 miles in 30 minutes.  It was hard work...

Below is an example of the hard work Evie does every day.  Turning your hand palm up is called supination.  This is very difficult for her to do - but important to form those brain connections.  Her therapist is asking her to tuck her left hand as she "mirrors" what she is doing with her right with her left hand and so she needs to isolate the "lefty" so she is making the movements just with the right.

She is so serious about her therapy - which is so important - so I am serious about my streak.

On to Day Four....
~Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment