Monday, May 9, 2011

Day nine

Feeling better tonight. Got some good sleep (Delaney started sleeping through the night just in time for mother's day...) and some coaching from fellow pediatric stroke mom Julie. We are going to run a half together soon in honor of Evie and Evan. The E's are only a week apart and seem to share the same spirit and love for life.

I'm not gonna lie. Tonight was hard to get going. Had my little one on my chest and I really wanted to stay right there all night. But I thought about Evie and got moving. You see, E has had a pretty rough week or so. First, a bump on the chin. Then a monster bruise and lump on her right shin. Then today she lost her balance again and wound up with what could be a shiner, a scraped up left leg, knee, elbow and side. The poor thing is bruised and scraped up all the time but just keeps going...


Elbow...

Left leg
Right leg


Seeing her this way makes me so sad and a big part of me wants to wrap her up in bubble wrap and keep her from all the things that are difficult and never let anything happen to her.

"Well, you can't never let anything happen to [her]. Then nothing would ever happen to [her]. Not much fun for little [Evie]." Dory, Finding Nemo

So I will try to be ok with all the road burn and bumps and bruises if it means she is enjoying her life.. And I'll keep on running to honor her.

Day ten is next -double digits!!

~Jana

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I almost forgot. 30 minutes and 2 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing great, sister! So impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud to say that I am hurting all over. I have changed up my exercise continually so not just one part of me hurts! Tonight is weights. Love you!

    ReplyDelete