Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 19

Stretched again tonight. Planning to walk tomorrow night and Saturday and hopefully run on Sunday.

Tonight was rough. Evie was very emotional about her night brace. Saying she was scared and that she didn't want to wear it. Normal kid stuff. But then she did what I have been dreading. She asked me "why?". Why does she have to wear a brace. Wow. I am hardly ever at a loss for words but I didn't know what to say. She is only three so there is no need for details, but I am absolutely sure she has heard me discuss her stroke.

So I told her that we work really hard with her therapists and doctors and wear these braces because they will help her run and jump much better and if we do all this now, when she is bigger like Marli (we always use her aunt as the example of an adult) she won't have to wear braces all the time. She seemed convinced and put on the brace without a fight.

I know more and more questions are coming but I have no clue what I am doing and the right way to answer. I'll do my best!

The streak continues!

~Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment