Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 7 - I believe in James...

On Day 7 I believe in my husband - Evie's Daddy (James is what other folks call him...) 



Evie and her dad are two peas in a pod.  They are the same person - no joke.  They think the same things are hilarious and they have the same taste in music (not sure what that says for James, but they have some pretty awesome dance parties anyway). 

James can also motivate this kid more than anyone else.  He is thoughtful in how he encourages her and what he proposes, and his impact is great.  James is the one who proposed the non-traditional therapy of Tae Kwon Do - something that has made a world of difference for Evie.  He is the one, through his charm, I suppose, who has Evie eating healthy and working out  - something important for her development.  He is also the one who taught her to pedal a bike and pump her swing - something that brings her great joy.  He is also the one she loves to hang out with - this weekend they were building togehter - and the one she turns to when she needs to feel safe.  She is a daddy's girl that is for sure. 

So today, and everyday for that matter, I believe in my husband James. He has been a great support and advocate for Evie and I am lucky to be on this journey with him.

1 comment:

  1. Wow…thanks for your blog… I just found out my 15 mth old son has hemiplegia on the right side… I knew there was something off about him, but wasn't too concerned, just thought he was lazy. When finding out, I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be, only because my son has a great personality, very social and very active and stops everyone that passes by with his amazing smile… but I find it difficult to find people who have the same issues, there is no one I can ask for advice. He will soon start therapy , but it would be nice to know others in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete